Achieving Excellence Together
At Someries Juniors, we are proud of our school. Most of our children enjoy being here and learn well throughout their time here. As well as making good progress in their learning, they leave us at the end of their schooling with many happy memories of great times in class, out in the grounds and on trips.
As a staff, we strive to be even better - a truly excellent school for our children. Our vision is to be a school where children develop into the "best versions" of themselves and leave us as responsible citizens who will make a positive difference to the world.
We have received positive feedback from staff, Ofsted and our pupils this year.
Feedback from our pupils
In the 2019 annual survey, the pupils were very positive about their Someries experience. When asked what they liked about the school here are some of the positive responses:
- “Everything because it's epic.” “I love this school!”
- "Everything because it's just a good school in general.”
- “I like that this school has amazing and fresh ideas.”
- “Everyone is respectful to each other.”
- “I like school because it is a place where I can trust people.”
- “Other students are very nice and helpful.”
- “I like that when I am sad I always have someone to talk to.”
- “Everyone is really polite and caring.”
- “Learning and feeling safe because I like this school”
- “It has lots of multi-cultural backgrounds - otherwise it would be really boring.”
- “We have lots of events because we get to do things that you wouldn't have done if you didn't come to this school.”
- “I like that the teachers encourage us in every lesson”
- “It makes a better version of ourselves.”
Feedback from our parents and carers
This year's parent and carer survey was also very positive. It also gave us some ideas on what we can do to improve. Here are some examples of the positive feedback:
- “I can’t praise the school and its staff enough.”
- “All staff should be praised for their friendliness and being approachable at all times.”
- “We have always been pleased with all aspects of the school.”
- “I’m pleased my daughter has another year at Someries. Hopefully, she’ll continue to grow!”
- “Brilliant school, child-focused, hardworking staff and listens to parents”
- “Involves parents with invitations to spend time in school doing activities with the children!”
- “Listens to parents and pupils and makes changes, where necessary, to improve the school.”
- “I feel that I can approach any member of staff with concerns and they will be dealt with appropriately.”
- “Effectively dealt with bullying issues.”
- “A great learning environment.”
- “Places importance on values and relationships, as well as academic progress.”
Feedback from Ofsted
We were very pleased with the feedback from our 2019 Ofsted inspection which confirmed that the school is providing a good education for the children:
You can read more feedback here: Ofsted latest
Jason Hunt, Head Teacher
Someries Junior School is an inclusive and diverse community with high expectations for all of our pupils. We are committed to providing the highest standard of education for every pupil; it is a place where children really matter and every individual’s ability is recognised, developed and celebrated.
We are a popular two form entry school on the eastern side of Luton, close to the Hertfordshire border. The school officially opened on 15 March 1973 and caters for children aged 7-11 years with approximately 240 children on roll.
A large number of our pupils transfer from Someries Infants School which is located on the same site with a number of pupils also joining us from other neighbouring schools.
Our dedicated staff ensure that both adults and children enjoy working in a friendly, calm and purposeful environment. We enrich our children’s learning through a variety of educational visits and provide a wide range of extra-curricular activities and clubs.
We work hard on promoting a positive partnership with parents, carers and our local community.
Latest Someries Juniors Calendar Events
- Family and Adult Learning Information Session23Jan2020
9:00 am - 10:30 am
- 3Draco Assembly - parents/carers invited [date change]29Jan2020
9:00 am - 9:30 am
- Possible Year 5 cycle training all week03Feb2020
- 3Lyra Assembly - Parents/Carers Invited05Feb2020
9:00 am - 9:30 am
- Friends of Someries Movie Night07Feb2020
6:00 pm - 8:20 pm